Job Title: Caseworker
Hours: 35 hours per week (normal hours 9.30-4.30 but some flexibility may be required)
Full time/Part time: Full Time
Salary: £22,000 – £32,000 p/a dependent on experience
To provide support with all casework – including cases of a complex or sensitive nature – by investigating issues raised through correspondence and surgeries; dealing with general public enquiries, maintaining filing system, arranging surgeries and maintaining an in-depth understanding of the constituency to ensure the Member is well briefed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding to casework and policy enquiries in a sensitive and efficient manner
- Working with external organisations to achieve the best possible outcomes for constituents and communities
- Maintaining electronic filing to ensure that records of contact with constituents are kept, with details of each case adhering to the Data Protection Act principles with respect to confidentiality of data at all times
- Supporting Mark at community surgeries and visits
- Assisting the Office Manager with local press and community articles where necessary
- Any other tasks which may be reasonably expected
Skills and Experience
- Excellent understanding of local and national politics;
- Good knowledge of the constituency;
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the workings of the Scottish Parliament;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Minimum 1- 3 years’ experience providing advice, support and advocacy;
- Customer service/ client facing skills.
- Media experience;
- A good network of contacts in the constituency;
- Advocacy work.
A full drivers’ licence and access to a vehicle would be useful. There will be occasions where evening and weekend working will be required.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 12 noon, 16 November 2018.